1 cup spelt flour
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 ½ cups whole milk
3 tablespoons melted butter or olive oil
Butter for frying
2 pounds asparagus ends snapped off
6 tablespoons water
1 cup half and half
4 green onions diagonally sliced
5 cloves garlic minced
½ teaspoon sea salt and black pepper
Juice of ½ a lemon
2 tablespoons rice flour
- Combine dry ingredients. In another bowl, combine wet ingredients. Add half the wet ingredients to the dry and combine with a whisk. Add the remainder of the liquid and whisk into a smooth batter. Let the batter sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Cut the asparagus into bite-size pieces on a 45 degree angle.
- Place asparagus and water in a saucepan. Cover and cook for about 4 minutes over medium heat. Add the half and half and simmer 2 additional minutes.
- Add the green onion, garlic, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Thicken with the rice flour. Set aside.
- Heat a 9 inch skillet and add a small amount of butter.
- Add a ¼ cup of the batter. Tilt pan to spread batter thinly and evenly. Flip the crêpe when it turns golden brown and cook the other side until golden.
- Place 2 to 4 tablespoons of filling on each crêpe and roll up.
Note: You can also transfer cooked crêpes to parchment paper or a plate,
cover and keep in the fridge for up to a week. They can also be frozen
between layers of waxed paper, and placed in a plastic freezer bag.