- ½ bay leaf
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon white peppercorns
- ¼ teaspoon coriander
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons chickpea miso or ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- Enough bean cooking liquid or water to get a smooth consistency for the dip
- Grind all of the herbs and spices together in a spice mill. If you don’t have a mill, use pre-ground herbs and spices. Dry toast in a skillet for two minutes. Set aside.
- Coarsely chop the garlic and green onions in a food processor. Add all the remaining ingredients including the herb/spice mixture.
- Serve over a baked potato with steamed kale for an easy supper.