5 pints blackberries (or 8 cups peaches, sliced)
1/3 cup honey
¼ cup whole grain spelt flour
Pinch of sea salt
½ cup unsalted butter
½ cup honey
2 cups whole grain spelt flour
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 ¼ cup almonds, roasted and chopped fine
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place berries into a large bowl. Drizzle the honey over the top and mix into the fruit.
- Add the flour and salt. Mix again.
- Heat the butter in a small saucepan. When it is melted stir in the honey and remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile combine the topping ingredients: flour, salt and almonds in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the butter and honey over the flour and nuts. Fold in to make a dry crumble.
- Pour the blackberries into a 9 by 13 baking dish. Distribute the topping over the fruit.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until the mixture is bubbling in the dish and the topping is golden.