The Visual of this pasta dish is really fun and the colors tell you it's a tasty vegetarian recipe indeed!
1 pound sugar snap peas
1 pound dried bowties pasta
½ cup (1 ounce) finely grated pecorino romano
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus an additional 2 teaspoons
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 cup ricotta cheese
Juice of 1 lemon
A few sprigs of fresh mint slivered
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- While waiting string the peas and cut into ½ inch segments.
- Cook the bowties for two minutes less than the recommended time on the package. Add the peas to the boiling pasta and cook for one minute more.
- Reserve one cup pasta cooking water, then drain the peas and pasta.
- Add the pasta and peas back to the empty pot with ½ cup pasta cooking water, grated cheese, the olive oil, salt and red pepper flakes. Cook on high for one minute, tossing constantly. Add a little more water if the pasta looks too dry.
- Turn heat off and dollop ricotta all over in large spoonfuls and without stirring, tip pasta mixture into a wide serving bowl.
- Drizzle the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil over the entire dish, squeeze lemon juice over that and finally sprinkle with mint.