This will become your new favorite cookie recipe as well! It costs about .25 per cookie to make and can easily be a gluten free cookie by using the gluten free oats in the bulk section.
1 cup raw almonds
2 sticks butter unsalted
1 ½ cups brown sugar
¼ cup cane sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 ¾ cups whole grain buckwheat flour
¾ teaspoon baking powder
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
3 ½ cups oats
1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the almonds on an ungreased cookie sheet. Put them in the preheating oven. When the oven is up to temperature, remove the nuts. Chop fine and set aside.
- Meanwhile cream the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the sugars and vanilla, cream again.
- Add the two eggs and beat until the mixture is creamed again.
- In a small bowl combine the flour with the leavenings and the salt.
- Add the flour mixture in three batches mixing each into the batter.
- Add the oats in three batches.
- Add the chocolate chips and almonds mixing until they are just incorporated into the dough.
- Grease the cookie sheet with the butter wrappers.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Let cool a few minutes on the sheet, then move to a counter or cooling rack.
Yields 48 nice sized cookies