½ cup pumpkin seeds toasted in a dry skillet for about 3 minutes
1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
¼ cup cilantro, chopped fine
⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
Zest of one lime
Juice of one lime
Sea salt to taste
3 pounds of salmon fillets, skin on
• Process the pumpkin seeds in a food processor or blender until they resemble coarse cornmeal.
• Place in a bowl and add all the other ingredients. Blend to form a pesto.
• Check the flavor for salt balance.
• Spread the mixture on top of the salmon fillets.
• Pre-heat your grill and place the salmon skin side down on the grate. Cover the fish and cook just until done. This will take 12-15 minutes.
• Scoop the fillet off the skin to serve.
• Serve with any grilled veggie over a bed of brown basmati rice.