Serve with freshly sliced peaches or applesauce!
2 cups quinoa flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup raw cashews
⅛ cup light-flavored oil like sunflower
2 cups warm water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon maple syrup
Oil to coat the griddle or skillet
Fresh peaches or applesauce
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together quinoa flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a blender grind the cashews to a fine powder. Scrape down the sides so the cashew powder is in the bottom of the blender. Add the oil, water, vanilla, lemon juice and maple syrup. Blend for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour the liquid over the dry ingredients and whisk a few times to eliminate the lumps.
- If the batter seems too thick, add more water as needed.
- Heat the griddle and lightly coat with oil.
- Add about a ¼ cup of the batter at a time to the hot griddle. Turn each pancake when they are browned on the bottom and brown again on the other side.
- Serve with freshly sliced peaches or applesauce.