3 tablespoons butter
6 cups crusty bread cut into 1-inch cubes
1 cup cheddar cheese grated
1 cup scallions chopped
1 teaspoon dried marjoram
1 teaspoon dried basil
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put butter in a 3-quart baking dish and place in the oven. When the butter is melted swirl it around to coat the dish.
- Place the bread cubes in the buttered baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with the cheese scallions and dried herbs.
- Process the eggs milk salt pepper and mustard in a blender. Pour over the bread using a spatula to push the bread down into the custard.
- Bake covered with foil for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake until puffy and golden brown.