Apple, Cranberry & Pear Crisp
- 1 tablespoon of butter to grease the baking dish
- 6 heaping cups of sliced apples (use a few different types-Granny Smith, Fuji, etc…)
- 2 cups of sliced fresh pears (any variety)
- 1 cup of fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of tapioca (granules or flour)
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup Oats
- ¾ -1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cube of melted butter (salted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Combine all of the filling ingredients (except for butter). Toss gently. Pour into baking dish.
- Combine the topping ingredients thoroughly until the texture is crumbly.
- Distribute half of the topping over apples. With your fingers or a utensil, push the first layer of topping into the fruit mixture.
- Evenly distribute the remaining topping over the top of the fruit.
- Bake for apx. 40 minutes-until crisp is golden-brown on top.
- Serve hot-with a dollop of ice cream, homemade whipped cream, or plain yogurt.