Gingered Sweet Potato Bisque
- 2 ½ cups left over mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chipotle in adobo puree
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
- In a medium sauce pan whisk together the potatoes, veggie broth, ginger and spices. Bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce to low and cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in ¼ cup of the sour cream and more broth or water if needed and cook for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together the remaining ¼ cup of sour cream and the chipotle puree. Add a pinch or two of sea salt.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and dollop with the chipotle cream. Sprinkle a little cilantro on top for garnish.