Harvest Festival Pumpkin Doughnuts
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons cane sugar
- ⅛ cup of egg
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ⅛ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Oil for frying (we used safflower)
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Bring buttermilk to room temperature. Add baking soda to buttermilk.
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl, and gently work together until fully combined.
- Take a ¼ of the dough and pat out to a ½ inch round.
- Cut with a floured doughnut cutter. Fry in 375° oil.
- Remove with slotted spoon and drain.
- To make the glaze: whisk powdered sugar and buttermilk
- Add more powdered sugar until desired consistency is achieved
- Dip doughnuts in glaze