Mandan Bride Corn Bread
About 1 ½ cups dried corn
¾ cup spelt flour
1-4 tablespoons cane sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
2 large eggs
⅔ cup buttermilk
2-3 tablespoons melted butter or olive oil
Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place corn a half cup at a time in the bowl of a coffee grinder. Mill to a flour consistency. Repeat with the remaining flour until you have 1 ¼ cups flour.
- Combine the corn flour with the spelt flour sugar baking powder soda and sea salt.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs and add the milk.
- Pour the wet into the dry and stir just until moistened.
- Add the butter or oil and fold into the batter.
- Grease a 9x9 inch pan and pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.