The Ashland Food Co-op Deli offers a wonderful assortment of menu choices for our customers. Every morning starting at 7am, we have delicious hot Breakfast choices, fresh seasonal fruit (not in winter), and house made granola and yogurt! Our daily Lunch & Dinner Menu (which changes monthly) is served from 11am to 8pm.
Our Deli Hot Bar, Cold Salad Bar, and Green Salad Bar are self-serve and everything is priced at $8.95/lb, so that you can mix and match whatever looks yummy to you. We also have an extensive and delicious Sandwich & Wraps Menu, all made fresh daily. And if you’re in a hurry, our Grab-n-Go section is for you. Everything is fresh, delicious and ready to go!
Here in the Co-op Deli, our talented staff is dedicated to providing foods made with the highest quality ingredients, and we use local organic foods whenever possible, which is often! Our signage, although small, has each ingredient listed and asterisks to indicate what is organic. Our signs always denote if the dish is Wheat Free, Vegan, or Vegetarian. We strive to have offerings to suit every diet including Meat, Vegetarian, Vegan, Wheat Free, and Raw. If you have questions or would like to sample anything in the Deli, please ask a deli staff member! Even though our department is self-serve, we are still 100% here for you! Contact our Deli Manager Michelle O'Connor
- We support our local farmers all throughout the growing season and our produce is ALWAYS organic.
- Our meats are antibiotic, hormone and nitrate free. Our eggs are organic and/or free range.
- Our dairy products are all r-BGH free.
- We use filtered water all throughout our department.
- Our Bakery case (located by the fresh flowers) has a large selection of both traditional and wheat free treats made with primarily organic ingredients.
- Our coffee and juice bar serves locally roasted, organic NOBLE COFFEE ROASTING coffee and espresso, and serves 100% organic fresh squeezed juices and smoothies.
Q: Why do I have to pay for my deli food at the deli register, it is sometimes very long?
A: You don't! You can pay for your deli purchases at any register in the store.
Q: I hate having to pay for my juice bar items before I receive them. They sit on the counter while I am in line and lose their nutritional benefits. Can't you come up with a better system?
A: We require all juice bar items to be paid for before receiving your item to prevent customers from drinking their juice or coffee and not paying for it. Before we put this system into place we were finding our price stickers stuffed into little crannies all over the store, which alerted us to the possibility of these items not being run through the register. You can always request that our staff wait until you return with your receipt before starting your drink so that it doesn't sit on the counter waiting for you. Just ask! Also, we sell prepaid wheatgrass cards at the front info desk. These will save you time in line if you are a frequent wheatgrass customer.