4 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons sea salt
Fresh ground black pepper
Juice of one lemon
¼ cup red wine vinegar
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1-15 ounce can garbanzo beans drained
1 small red onion peeled and sliced into paper-thin rings
½ pound provolone sliced ⅛ inch thick then cut into ¼ inch ribbons
½ pound salami rings cut into ¼ inch ribbons
¾ pound cherry tomatoes
1 ½ teaspoons
1 large or two small heads red leaf lettuce washed and cut into ½ inch ribbons
½ of a small red cabbage cut into narrow ribbons.
• Roughly chop the garlic and then add the oregano, salt and pepper. Chop the mixture together and use the side of a knife to make a grainy herbal paste.
• Transfer to a large salad bowl, add the lemon juice and vinegar. Mix with a fork, then add the oil and whisk with the fork until well combined.
• Gently fold the beans, red onion, cheese and salami into the dressing one at a time.
• Halve the tomatoes lengthwise and season with 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt. Set aside.
• When ready to serve the salad, gently add the tomatoes, lettuce and red cabbage to the salad bowl. Toss to combine with the dressing.