1 ½ pounds boneless top sirloin
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
¼ cup lime juice
¼ cup olive oil
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon sea salt
3 cups cooked black beans
1 red bell pepper, diced
½ cup green onions, chopped fine
½ cup cilantro, chopped
¼ cup Italian parsley, chopped
2 cups fresh tomatoes, diced and seeded
- Rub the meat with the rub at least 2 hours before you plan to grill. See below for the recipe.
- Grill the steak over medium-hot coals for 4-5 minutes. Turn and grill for 3-4 minutes on the other side. Remove and set aside.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients and whisk well.
- Combine the beans, pepper, green onions, herbs, and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the top and toss to combine.
- Spoon the beans onto a platter.
- Slice the meat diagonally into ¼ inch thick slices. Arrange them over the beans.
- Garnish with a few cilantro sprigs.
- Serve with warm corn tortillas.
Spice Rub for Sirloin Steak
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon mild chile powder
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 ½ teaspoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
1 teaspoon white part of green onions, minced
- Combine all of the above and rub into the steak. Be sure to coat both sides well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge until ready to use.