Effective: March 10, 2020
Since 1970, Ashland Food Cooperative (“AFC”) has been dedicated to creating a cooperative and sustainable environment for our members and shoppers in which the natural and organic food supply chains thrive. We do this in part by informing and inspiring members and shoppers about food, wellness, the cooperative business model and environmental issues.
What information we collect
Information you provide to us
We collect information you voluntarily provide directly to us when you: (i) become a member of AFC; (ii) shop in our store; (iii) access and use our Services; (iv) sign up for or participate in classes, events, newsletters, promotions, surveys, sweepstakes or mailing lists; (v) engage with us over social media platforms; and (vi) email, call or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, address, phone number, fax number, email address, ZIP code, photos, videos, social media usernames, payment information, demographic information, information about your shopping and purchases, information about your interests and preferences and any other information you choose to provide. If you sign up for an AFC Cooking class or Free Monday Night Lecture, we may collect additional information from you, such as health and dietary information and emergency contact information.
In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you purchase a gift card for someone and request that we deliver it to them, purchase and ship products to someone, or register someone else to attend a AFC Cooking class or Free Monday Night Lecture. We will use this information for the limited purpose of fulfilling your requests and communicating with that person regarding the transaction, if applicable, but we will not send marketing communications to these individuals unless they separately consent to receive these types of communications from us.
Information we collect automatically
We may also automatically collect information about you when you use or access our Services or transact business with us and combine or link it to other information we already have about you, including:
- Transaction information. When you purchase or return a product or register for events or classes, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price and the date and location of the transaction.
- Usage and log information. We obtain information about your use of our websites, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, the page you visited before navigating to our Services and browsing activity.
- Device information. We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, such as your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, hardware model, operating system, unique device identifiers, browser type and mobile network information.
- Location information. We may collect information about the precise location of your device when you consent to the collection of this information. For more details, please see How you can control your information and privacy preferences below. We may also collect information about your approximate location each time you access our Services.
Information we collect from other sources
We may also receive information about you from other sources and combine or link that with information we have about you. For example, we may collect demographic information from third party sources and information from third party social media platforms (such as Facebook) if you log into our Services using your social media account credentials or if you make certain content and information publicly available, such as photos, videos and profile information.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect about you for a variety of purposes, including to:
- administer your membership and communicate with you about your membership and AFC (including special offers only available to members, annual meetings and board elections);
- provide and deliver products and services, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, recall notices, invoices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, classes, contests, news, surveys, upcoming events and other information we think may be of interest to you;
- investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities;
- provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- conduct research and analysis, including through surveys and focus groups;
- personalize our Services and provide advertisements, content or features that are targeted toward your interests;
- process and deliver contest, promotion and sweepstakes entries and prizes;
- link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- carry out any other purpose conveyed to you when the information was collected.
How we share your information
Providing good customer service to our shoppers and members is important to AFC and we are not in the business of selling or transferring data to others. Though not an exhaustive list, we may share your information as needed for certain business functions, such as:
- with third parties who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf, such as fulfilling and shipping orders, processing orders, preventing fraud or delivering email;
- when you sign up for and participate in the interactive areas of our Services, certain information about you may be displayed publicly on our Services and on third-party sites, such as your username, comments, posts, photos, stories, wish lists, product reviews and any other information you choose to provide;
- in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any actual or proposed merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, restructuring of all or a portion of our business, as well in the event of any insolvency, receivership or bankruptcy; and
- with your consent.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you. Your password and login information are never shared.
How we secure your information
AFC takes what we believe are reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to secure and protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. For example, AFC, as site service provider, uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. We also comply with payment card industry data security standards during the processing of credit and debit card transactions.
However, because no data security systems are completely secure, we do not represent or warrant that any personal information you provide to us will be secure or safe from unauthorized access. For this reason, you must know that any personal information you provide to us is done at your own risk.
Third party features and websites
Analytics and services
Social sharing features
Our Services may offer social sharing features or other integrated tools (for example, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. When you use these features and tools, you may share information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, we encourage you to read the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these features.
Links to other sites
Our services may contain links to other sites. The sites we link to operate independently of AFC and have established their own privacy and security options. They may use their own cookies, web beacons and other technology to independently collect information about you. In addition, these third party websites may solicit personal information from you and may provide your information to third parties for uses that are different than the ways in which AFC uses your information.
You may update or correct your member account information by submitting our online form or filling out a member update form and either mailing it to us or delivering it to our Info Desk. We may retain information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes to the extent not prohibited by law.
Newsletters, emails and other promotional communications
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from AFC by following the instructions in those communications. You may also remove yourself from our email list by clicking on the unsubscribe link presented in all promotional emails, including newsletters, we send to our customers. If you opt out of receiving promotional communications or our email list, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your purchases, account, membership or our ongoing business relations.
The settings of your Internet browser or mobile device may allow you to stop sharing your precise location with AFC or others.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default, but you can usually change your browser settings to remove or reject cookies. Adobe Systems Inc. may set a “flash cookie” on your computer or mobile device when you view videos on our Services. To manage and disable “flash cookies,” visit Adobe Flash Player Manage, Disable Local Shared Objects. For more information about what cookies are and how they operate, including how to see which cookies have been set and how to manage or delete them, please visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Online advertising preferences
You can learn more and manage your online advertising preferences via the following links:
- Network Advertising Initiative
- Digital Advertising Alliance
- Google Ad Preferences Manager
- Facebook Ad Preferences Manager
- The Trade Desk
Please note that even though you may opt out using one or more of these options, you may still continue to receive generic ads.
We do not intentionally or knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, you should not provide information on our website or through our Services. If you become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, please email us at [email protected] and we will remove it.
“Do Not Track”
At this time, our web servers do not recognize or respond to web browser “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals, and our information collection practices will continue as described herein despite any DNT signals sent by any web browser or selected by you.
United States law
AFC is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by United States law. By accessing or using our Services or otherwise providing information to us, you are consenting to the transfer, processing, usage and storage of your information in the United States.
California-Specific Description of California Consumers’ Privacy Rights
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), California residents have the right to request that we delete the personal data we have about them, and that we explain how we have collected, used, sold, and disclosed personal data about them.
Under the CCPA personal information is defined as information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonable be linked, directly, or indirectly, with California residents.
AFC may require that a request include information that enables us to verify who is making a request. This may depend on the type of request and the information we already have. If we cannot verify a requestor’s identity, we may ask for additional information. In any event, we will endeavor to respond to requests within 45 days and if we are unable to, we will let you know.
Ashland Food Cooperative
237 N 1st St
Ashland, Oregon 97520